Ever wonder what I do at work? Here’s a list of May cooking classes I will be teaching at Whole Foods Market in Redmond, WA. Check out the complete calendar here.
Cinco de Mayo Celebration, Thursday, May 5th, 6-8pm $20
Skip a crowded bar and come celebrate Cinco de Mayo with us! While we can’t offer you Cerveza, we do have a handful of delicious and celebratory recipes to share!
* Tomato, Avocado & Jicama Salsa
* Fish Tacos with Creamy Corn & Tomato Slaw
* Rice & Beans
* Mexican Tea Cookies
Springtime Soups, Thursday, May 12th, 6-8pm $20
We had so much fun this winter making 4 soups in one class, I thought we should do it again. Let’s take our winter-favorite heart warmers into Spring with lighter, yet still filling and delicious options!
* Spring Minestrone
* Shrimp & Fish in Aromatic Coconut Broth
* Rustic Potato Leek Soup
* Creamy Spring Asparagus Soup
Spanish Tapas, Saturday, May 14th, 12-2pm $25
These small delicious plates are perfect to share with your friends and family. Full of flavor, they’ll satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.
* Prosciutto-Wrapped Manchego-Stuffed Dates
* Roasted Olives with Lemon
* Tomato Gazpacho
* Spanish Chickpeas & Chorizo
* Pork Meatballs with Piquillo Sauce
* Spanish Potato Tortilla
HSH: Dress Your Salads – No Oil Salad Dressings, Monday, May 16th, 6-8pm $15
Salads are healthy, unless they are covered by ladles of Ranch or Creamy Italian dressings. Find out about healthy alternative ways to dress your salads that include nuts and fruit.
* Strawberry & Arugula Salad with Avocado Citrus Dressing
* White Bean & Spinach Salad with Apple Cider Dijon Vinaigrette
* Broccoli & Pepper Salad with Almond & Chile Dressing
* Rainbow Kale Slaw with Balsamic Mustard Orange Vinaigrette
Supper Club, Thursday, May 19th, 6:30pm $15
Our Healthy Eating Supper Club is back! Enjoy a delicious and healthy meal prepared just for you! During the meal we will talk about how the dishes were prepared, why we chose certain ingredients and have a discussion around healthy eating topics. Bring your appetite and your questions!
* Cucumber, Radish & Seaweed Salad
* Beef Stir-Fry with Bell Peppers, Carrots & Snow Peas
* Miso-Ginger Wild Rice with Carrots & Cabbage
Cooking with the Season, Thursday, May 26th, 6-8pm $20
Let’s celebrate seasonal cooking and all it has to offer! Once a month, we’ll gather in the kitchen and cook with seasonal produce. May in the Northwest puts a spotlight on salmon, spinach, radishes, kale, and chard. If we’re lucky, we might get some ripe fruit stone – if not, we’ll borrow it from our neighbors in the south.
* Radish, Avocado & Spinach Salad
* Sautéed Kale & Swiss Chard with Sundried Tomatoes & Feta
* Roasted Spiced Salmon
* Easy Fruit Crumble
Knife Skills 101, Saturday, May 28th, Noon-2pm $15
A great class for a new or a seasoned cook! Learn proper cutting technique that will save you time in the kitchen. We’ll also save you some tears and cuts while teaching you how to slice, dice, chiffonade and julienne. Guest Eric Rose of AAA Sharper Edge will talk about taking care of your knives and keeping them sharp.