My name is Anna, and I’m to this point I was a meal delivery virgin. A short conversation with the marketing team from Sun Basket changed my status. I picked three recipes from their website and had them ship to my house within a few days. I cooked all three recipes within a week, sharing one with a friend, and splitting the other two into several meals (leftovers!).
Here are my thoughts.
- On time delivery.
- All ingredients are included (other than salt, pepper, and oil).
- Fresh, organic, seasonal produce and animal proteins.
- Generous portion amounts.
- Easy to follow recipes that result in flavorful, healthy, satisfying meals.
- No wasted food.
- Each recipe introduces you to an ingredient you might not be familiar with.
- Accurate times for preparations and cooking, most recipes are done in 40 minutes.
- Be sure to read through the entire list of ingredients and directions first. You can save a bit of time by changing up the steps and prepping the ingredients while cooking.
- Cut down on oil. Most steps in the recipe asked for 2 tablespoons of oil to sear or saute. You can easily cut this down to 2 teaspoons.
- Taste as you go.
- For some dishes, like the Chicken Garam Masala, I cooked a side of rice. The Grilled Sausages were for dinner, and I almost topped it off with a sunny side egg.
I would genuinely recommend Sun Basket for families or individuals who want to try new recipes. With this delivery system you can choose between paleo, vegetarian, and gluten free recipes. Enjoy!
I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own. Meals were provided to me at no cost.