Sometimes I miss being at school. I miss taking notes, and being a student in the classroom. This feeling of active learning and participating came back a few weekends ago when I attended the International Food Blogger Conference held by Foodista.com in Seattle, WA.
I would like to share these inspiring quotes and thoughts from a few of the speakers.
The first set of quotes is from Dorie Greenspan, who was the welcoming speaker at the conference. Dorie is a well-known author of many cookbooks and a well-respected and admired culinary professional. She charmed the audience with her warmth, candor, and kindness.
- What we do counts. It’s not about visitors per month. It’s about people who visit you. By
@doriegreenspan at @ifbc #ifbc #quotes #blogging
- Blogging gave new definition to instant gratification. Build community. Quotes by
@doriegreenspan at @IFBC #ifbc #quotes
- Use natural and versatile food propping
@AndrewScrivani #quotes #ifbc #foodstyling
- What you choose to put in your pictures is just as important as what you are photographing
@AndrewScrivani #ifbc #foodstyling
- Food photography is becoming much darker, masculine, moody says
@AndrewScrivani at @IFBC #foodphotography #ifbc #quotes
- The greatest compliment you will receive as a food photography is an emotional reaction to your work
@AndrewScrivani @ifbc #ifbc #quotes
- Don’t be so literal with food photography, be interpretive. Says
@andrewscrivani at @ifbc #ifbc #quotes #foodphotography
- One of the main goals of food photography is to connect people to food memories that they have, says
@andrewscrivani at @ifbc #quotes #ifbc
- Time for Food Porn. Not my words,
@andrewscrivani art ifbc #ifbc #foodphotography http://instagram.com/p/eiA7gAOYnR/
- Can’t afford beluga caviar?
@foodwishes makes his from blackberries at @ifbc for salmon sashimi #ifbc
- If you are rushed, it’s a crudo. If your guests are late, it’s a ceviche. Another quote by
@foodwishes at @ifbc #quotes #ifbc #salmon
- Smoked paprika is the bacon of spices says
@foodwishes at @ifbc #quotes #bacon #ifbc