1/2 large onion, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 container sliced mushrooms
9 ounces fresh spinach leaves
1 cup half and half
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped basil
2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables become tender and golden brown.
2. Stir in spinach, in batches, if necessary. Cook until spinach wilts completely, about 3 minutes.
3. Pour in half and half, lower the heat, and simmer the sauce until it thickens, 10-15 minutes.
4. Add Parmesan cheese and basil and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5. Ladle the sauce on the bottom of the plate and serve with Roasted Butternut Squash Ravioli or your favorite pasta.
Can you think of another use for the sauce? Do share!