Last week I shared with you a recipe for No-Thrills Butternut Squash Soup.
It’s true, you could make the soup and enjoy a bowl or a cup of it on its own. But like many other things in life, the soup is better with an accompaniment, a friend you might say. What I prepared to go along with the soup, with my friend Alla, was these Green Olive, Banana Pepper, and Cilantro Quesadillas.
(If you have been reading the blog for a while, I bet you can guess that Alla’s quesadilla came sans banana peppers and cilantro. It was still delicious!
This was a vegetarian recipe, if you feel like adding a little bit of non-dairy protein, roasted chicken or shrimp would taste great in the quesadilla.
Green Olive, Banana Pepper, and Cilantro Quesadilla
(for 1 quesadilla)
1 flour tortilla
1/4 cup shredded cheese
4-6 green olives, stuffed with pimento, chopped
1 banana pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon oil
1. Lay the tortilla on top of a flat surface.
2. Cover half of the tortilla with cheese, olives, banana pepper, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Fold the tortilla in half, slightly pressing so that ingredients stick together.
4. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the quesadila 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
5. Remove the quesadilla and cut into wedges.
6. Serve with a bowl of No-Thrills Butternut Squash Soup.
Back to the blog